If you didn’t spend this Labor Day Weekend watching an ass ton of College Football you need to get your fucking life together! It was at least a 3 day weekend for most people out there and Week 1 of college football dominated one of the most anticipated weekends of the year. It does not fucking matter that there was only 1 ranked matchup, there were tons of good games and a bunch of great plays! Not many waves were made in terms of upsets this weekend. It was all chalk for the most part as only 1 ranked team lost and they lost to another ranked team. Some top 10 teams did look better than others though.
Every week, we will give you our CFB Power Rankings to show you who we think the top 10 teams in the country are! The AP sucks and so does the Coaches Poll. These are the only rankings you will need this year, even after the committee fucks up the CFP Rankings.
- Clemson Tigers-Leading up to this game, all the hype was understandably surrounding Trevor Lawrence. In his first game since winning a National Championship, he essentially threw up a dud. Clemson was at home against GT and he threw only 1 TD with 2 picks. This game was all about Travis Etienne! He reminded everyone that Clemson has more than 1 Heisman candidate. His reminder to everyone was a dominating performance to the tune of 205 rushing yards and 3 TDs. He fucked up GT all night long, and he will do this kind of thing to plenty of other shitty ass ACC teams this year.
- Alabama Crimson Tide-The Crimson Tide come into the 2019 season as underdogs to the aforementioned Tigers. Tua is trying to build his draft stock while winning a National Championship in the process. The Tide got off to a sluggish start as they got shut out in the first quarter, but Tua came to life in the 2nd. He finished with going 26-31 with 336 yards and 4 TDs. The defense looked great as well only giving up 204 total yards and forcing 3 turnovers. Bama is ready to avenge their blowout loss in the championship game from last year!
- Georgia Bulldogs-Georgia actually had a small test in week 1. I mean Vandy is no where fucking close to an Alabama or LSU, but to travel on the road in Week 1 for a conference game is always tought. Georgia was not phased in the least bit though. The offense was good enough and the defense was great as they blew out Vandy’s shit in Nashville.
- Ohio St. Buckeyes-Another QB to insert himself into the Heisman convo was Justin Fields. HOLY SHIT! I do not think anyone saw his performance coming. He had 4 TDs, in the FIRST FUCKING QUARTER! He was ridiculous, and I know it was agains FAU, but it does not fucking matter who the fuck you’re playing when you put up those numbers. I have OSU in my final 4 this year, so do not be surprised if they climb into the top 3 here in the next couple weeks.
- LSU Tigers-LSU played a fucking cupcake, but when you play these cupcakes you have to win BIG. That is exactly what the Tigers did. Joe Burrow threw 5 TDs and the defense was fuckin stout. This team is definitely a darkshorse in the SEC this year if Georgia or Bama slips up.
- Oklahoma Sooners-Lincoln Riley has fucking done it again. Jalen Hurts was probably the best player in the country this weekend as he totaled 508 yards and 6 TDs in a big win against Houston. Jalen Hurts quickly inserted himself into the Heisman conversation as Oklahoma reminded everyone that they are still the team to beat in the Big 12.
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish-As of publishing this Notre Dame has not played yet, but Florida did not look great in their week 1 matchups. Notre Dame is going to ride the accuracy of Ian Book to a big year. The defense lost some weapons, but they have enough playmakers to make enough big plays to keep them in the CFP race this year.
- Michigan Wolverines-Michigan looked ok in their week 1 matchup. They got down early but bounced back to win by almost 20. Patterson threw 3 TDs and they totaled 230 rushing yards, but if they show like this against some solid Big 10 opponents they are gonna get their shit pushed in.
- Florida Gators-I like this Florida team this year. I like Franks and I think Dan Mullen will get their shit turned around, but their performance in week 0 did not go unnoticed. In a game they easily could have fuckin lost, they escaped with a W against a “third-world program”.
- Auburn Tigers-Big Dick Bo got the fucking jod done! Auburn had the biggest win of the weekend and they barely snuck that shit out. It was a big fucking win though, and that catapults them into the top 10 of the best rankings out there. Bo Nix is the best goddamn football name in the country and he is only going to get fucking better as the season progresses. Another SEC darkhorse here!!
Let me know what you think and check back next week for Week 2 Power Rankings!